We’re off and running! After a great Red v. Black time trial meet, the competitive season has officially begun! The coming week will be exciting and busy, so please read the following to be certain you are informed:
Tuesday 5/31/16 is a Home Meet against Catalina Terrace
- Arrive at HV by 4:30 pm to stretch
- 4:45 Warm up begins
- 6:00 pm Meet Starts
- We will need plenty of meet workers so please plan to help out where you can.
- We usually go to the Baskin Robbins on Grant and Swan afterward for ice cream.
Thursday 6/2/16 is an Away Meet against Indian Ridge.
- Arrive at Indian Ridge by 5:15 pm to stretch
- Warm up begins at 5:30
- 6:00 pm Meet Starts
The Invitational meets are a great opportunity for your swimmer to swim ALL of their events in the pool that is used for Championships. These meets also allow our swimmers to compete against all the swimmers of their age or ability, not just the teams from our league, so please plan to attend.
Please go to the SAAA website http://swimsaaa.org/ to view the time standards for the 9-18 and Desert Rat. I will also post a copy of the meet fliers on the bulletin boards at HV.
All invitational meets take place at Amphi HS Pool with 7:00 am Warm Ups and 8:00 am start times. I will enter all eligible swimmers into their respective Invitational. One Invitational per swimmer is our expectation.
- Saturday 6/11 – The 9-18 Invitational is for swimmers between 9 and 18 years of age that have met a certain time standard or faster.
- Entries for the 9-18 are due by this Saturday June 4 and the meet is on Saturday 6/11.
- Please notify me ASAP if you are unable to attend the 9-18 Invitational
- Saturday 6/18 – The Desert Rat Invitational (aka – Don Baker) is for swimmers over 8 years old that have not yet achieved the same time standard from above. Entries are due by 6/11
- Saturday 6/25 – The 8-Under Muppet Meet is for 8-Under and 6-Under swimmers regardless of time. Entries are due by 6/18
The Sign Out Book. If you’re unable to attend a meet please use the sign out book well in advance. We create the line-ups the weekend before for the upcoming meets. (This means – I’ve already done the meets listed above) Invitational entries must be done anywhere from a week to two weeks in advance of the Invitational, so please use the sign out book as early as possible.
Now that summer has begun we are looking forward to outstanding attendance from all of our team members. Our goal is to improve and become stronger swimmers as well has have FUN, which can only be accomplished if we are at as many practices as possible.
Also, you may have noticed that our enrollment is down this year. We can add new swimmers up until mid-June. If you know of friends or neighbors looking for a team/activity, please encourage them to join the HV Wahoos!
As you can see, the summer is starting to get busy, and I haven’t even addressed the Camp Out, Happy Hour, the Gaslight, Team pictures etc. so please check with the coaches, Matt and Chris, the website, Remind.com, e-mails or my impromptu poolside meetings for information so you don’t miss a thing!
See you all around the pool!